I suppose the real #3 is my church, or the Bible… but aren’t those really lumped in there with Jesus? See #1.
Just so you can get to know me a little better, here are ten things you may not know about me. Yes, this post is purely for fun—but it still has a Bible Verse at the end! (The girl can’t help it.)
1. I could live on Mexican food and chocolate. Or just chocolate. (White chocolate doesn’t count… not even remotely.)
2. I love my kids’ cowlicks and belly buttons.
3. In the fifth grade, I broke my foot while pretending to be a ballerina.
4. My favorite radio station is Kids’ Place Live on the satellite radio in my car. I will drive right by my house to keep rocking out with my kids to Lorenzo Llama’s version of “Barbara Streisand,” or to hear the end of a Dirk the Fourth and Forgotten Chipmunk sketch.
5. I play the guitar, but only for less-than-discerning audiences like my kids or a Kindergarten Sunday school class.
6. I love zoos! Walking around, looking at God’s crazy creation with the kids— what’s not to love? In the last several years, I’ve been to the zoos in Columbus, Toledo, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, The Bahamas, and Edinburgh, Scotland!
7. I’ve been a maid of honor three times. The first time, I was carrying The Dress and accidentally got a big fat lipstick print right on the backside. I got it out…mostly. The bride forgave me. I’m not so sure about her mom!
8. I don’t mind bugs, spiders, or mice, but snakes scare me to death (and I think it’s Biblical—thanks, Eve).
9. My favorite kind of day is a snow day. My kids home from school, everyone in pajamas, hot chocolate, Legos, games, and a Disney movie…ahhh.
10. When I was doubting myself and my work on Organizing You, God brought Galatians 6:9&10 to my attention. He is so good to me!
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
Are you with me on any of these?
Join the Conversation on Facebook!