And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
Party favors aren’t just for kids’ birthday parties! Any time you host a gathering at your home, you can bless your guests with a small favor. Even the smallest, simplest gift can brighten your friends’ day. Women are always giving, so receiving even a little gift often feels like a balm to the soul—especially if you include a Bible verse or scriptural message to lift their spirits even more!
Favors don’t have to be expensive, either. Check out your local dollar store; wander around and let inspiration strike you. On one shopping trip I saw inexpensive colorful fly swatters shaped like flowers. I added a note that said “Swat away your troubles with prayer,” and they were a big hit with the my guests! Even a fly swatter can make a cute gift with a heart for the Lord behind it.
Here are some fun ideas to try at your next gathering:
- Make your favorite baked goods and tie on the recipe.
- Give out chip clips with a “You and God can hold it together today!” note clipped inside.
- Give each gal a small piece of bubble wrap with a “Pop if you love Jesus” note attached (this makes for a fun start to any gathering).
- Give each guest a cute notepad or stack of post-it notes with “Make a note of it: Jesus loves you” written on the top sheet.
- If you’re hosting moms or grandmas, make a “craft in a baggie” for each of the kids in their lives.
- Give each gal a holiday spreader with a “Don’t spread yourself too thin over the holidays” note attached.
- In the spring, give them packets of flower seeds with a “May you grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” note attached.
If you host a regular group (like a Bible study, or a table at a moms’ group) and have the same group of women to love for a season, you can bless them even more. Ask them to share their “favorites” with you at the beginning of the session so you can bless them throughout it! With just one trip to the store and one afternoon of effort, you can make up small favors for several meetings.
- For the first meeting, make magnets with a list of your ladies’ names, phone numbers, and emails addresses so they can contact each other (check first to be sure they’re comfortable with this).
- Give each gal their favorite candy bar with a note that reads “It was sweet of you to come.”
- Make bookmarks with a list of all your ladies’ favorite books (don’t forget to include the Bible!).
- Print a list of all of your gals’ movie recommendations and attach it to a bag of microwave popcorn for each guest.
- Make CDs with your ladies’ favorite praise songs and give one to each guest.
There are so many great ways to show God’s love to the ladies you regularly host—table favors are just the start! Women feel special and loved when you remember their birthdays and anniversaries. You can focus on your ladies individually by making notes to call and follow up on things they share, like asking about how a doctor’s appointment went or how an in-law visit turned out. Just being excited to see each woman at the meetings is so important.
You can care for your guests without spending a lot of money or committing a lot of time…all you need is a servant heart for your sisters in Christ. Allow God to use you to pour out blessings on your guests, and He’ll fill your heart with more of His love to share!
For more about blessing your guests without a lot of spiritual clutter, check out Organizing for Christian Hospitality: An Organizing You Handbook.
And please share this with other Christian hostesses! Here’s a Pin-Friendly image:
Join the Conversation on Facebook!